Today the Jakarta EE Ambassadors are announcing the start of the Jakarta EE Community Acceptance (JCAT) Testing initiative. The purpose of this initiative is to test Jakarta EE 9/9.1 implementations testing using your code and/or applications. Although Jakarta EE is extensively tested by the TCK, container specific tests, and QA, the purpose of JCAT is for developers to test the implementations.
Jakarta EE 9/9.1 did not introduce any new features. In Jakarta EE 9 the APIs changed from javax to jakarta. Jakarta EE 9.1 raised the supported floor to Java 11 for compatible implementations. So what are we testing?
- Testing individual spec implementations standalone with the new namespace.
- Deploying existing Java EE/Jakarta EE applications to EE 9/9.1.
- Converting Java EE/Jakarta EE applications to the new namespace.
- Running applications on Java 11 (Jakarta EE 9.1)
Participating in this initiative is easy:
- Download a Jakarta EE implementation:
- Deploy code:
- Port or run your existing Jakarta EE application
- Test out a feature using a starter template
To join this initiative, please take a moment to fill-out the form:
To submit results or feedback on your experiences with Jakarta EE 9/9.1:
- Jakarta EE Ambassadors Google Group List
- Jakarta EE Amabassors Twitter
- Jakarta EE Starter
- Jakarta EE 9 Boilerplate
- Jakarta EE Migration
Start Date: July 28, 2021
End Date: October 1, 2021